While researching text about essay writing, I could hardly find any text talking about literature review. These authors placed essay writing literature they were discussing into a historical context by discussing the various Citation styles. While these authors were discussing about essay writings, I could hardly find anyone discussing about how to come up with literature review. It is against this background that this paper aims at discussing the various tricks and techniques on how to come up with an exclusive review.
This is simply an account of a published topic by a professional or an accredited scholar. In most cases, students are asked to come up with an assignment expert; however, the assignment is usually a section of an introduction to an essay, or even a research report. The main reason for writing a review is to convey your understanding on the stipulated topic. You should discuss extensively on the pros and cons of the writers point of view. Similar to other writing piece, literature review should always be defined by the use of a guiding concept. Literature review is not all about writing a descriptive list of paragraphs of summaries or the material available
Its aim is to show your instructor how well you’ve grasped the content of a published work. Many need help in writing a dissertation. The published content can be in any format; in fact, it may even include online sources. Literature review is always a separate assignment. Literature review should always be guided by the thesis you are arguing, research objective or the issue. It is this objective, or these which will act as a framework in furthering your work.
As mentioned before, literature review must not simply give a description of the publications of others, rather, it should show a critical discussion, and giving out your insights and a relevant awareness of the theories and the approaches the author has given. Some of the cheap custom essay writing services can offer help. Literature review ought to analyse and synthesis the relevance of the published work.
According to The University of Toronto, literature review should:
- Show critical aspect of the methodology
- Show your cons of the research
- Show the pros of the research
- Show what makes the research to stand out.
- Give a comparison and contrast of the various authors view on the same issue.
- Stet authors who have also come up with the same conclusions
- On the conclusion, give a summary on the literature.
The Role of Literature review
- To give limit to the problem being investigated.
- To put one’s studies into a historical perspective.
- To evade duplication, plagiarism.
- To give an evaluation of a possible research methods
- To give a relation between the previous knowledge and your findings and then give a suggestion on a further research.
In conclusion, a summative literature review is useful for what has been published. Literature review not only identifies areas of controversies, but also helps raise an awareness on areas which deserve further research. For more info check out the Facebook page.